Water features will be started, monitored for proper operation and cleanliness and winterized. Contact our Landscape Maintenance Manager for an estimate for water feature start up and winterization, water garden plant divisions, or materials for the treatment of fish diseases or parasites. This service will only be offered with one of the contracted services.
Start up: This is done in early April, weather permitting.
- During the start up the water feature will be cleaned.
- All rocks are sprayed and debris removed from the stream and basin.
- Old water will be pumped out and new put in.
- The pump will be installed and the system will be started.
Winterization: This is done in mid October.
- The water will be pumped out of the basin.
- If it is a pond, the water will be drained to a safe level for the winter.
- The pump will be removed and stored at RCL until the following spring.
Maintenance: Contact our Landscape Maintenance Manager for an estimate for water feature maintenance.
- On site pond debris will be removed, the skimmer filters cleaned, and algae control will be added if necessary.
- Any necessary bacteria, plant fertilizer, and algae control will be billed at scheduled prices.
- Pond plant divisions will be done upon request and will be billed at a T/M basis. The plant divisions should be done every 2-3 years.